First Congregational Church of Woodstock is a vibrant, inclusive Christian community where we gather to worship God, serve our neighbors, and grow in our faith through our relationships with one another. We believe that God’s love is for everyone—no matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey.
We are seeking a part-time Communication Coordinator who will support the mission and further the vision of the congregation by helping our part-time pastor, staff, leaders, volunteers, congregants, and the community connect, communicate, and collaborate in ever more effective, efficient, and impactful ways.
The Communications Coordinator is a critical member of the ministry of the First Congregational Church of Woodstock (FCCW).
The Communications Coordinator proactively consults with the pastor, teams, and volunteers to create/co-create timely effective communications that appropriately address the needs and concerns of intended audiences, such activities include:
- Maintaining church calendar(s).
- Making appointments and arranging meetings as required and/or requested.
- Organizing, editing, and distributing electronic and paper newsletters, e.g., weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, etc.
- Preparing and processing worship related support materials, e.g., bulletins, readings, handouts for weekly worship, special services, funerals, weddings, etc.
- Assisting and advising teams in the creation of brochures, sign-ups, tickets, handouts, annual report and other occasional documents.
- Updating and maintaining related content on the church’s website, facebook page, GoogleDrive, etc.
- Exploring the potential use of technologies to enhance communication, collaboration, content creation and the reuse content across channels and platforms.
- Ensuring callers and visitors feel welcomed and are connected to the appropriate people and resources to meet their needs
- Effectively organizing related documents, files, and data.
- collaborate, coordinate and work with the pastor, staff, leaders and volunteers;
- honor confidentiality;
- prioritize requests and activities;
- create, edit and organize effective communications;
- improve and adapt tasks and processes to address evolving needs and take advantage of technology to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
This position is part-time, averaging 8 hours per week. Policies regarding sick leave, vacation time, and grievances are those stated in the Employee Handbook. Background check will be required.
Salary Range: $20 – 25/hour