First Congregational Church of Woodstock is an open and affirming congregation that welcomes all and seeks to be of value to our surrounding communities.
To that end, we seek to provide space where families gather, people celebrate, friends are made, neighbors connect, groups meet, and community flourishes. If we can assist you, your family, or your group by using and/or renting out our facilities for your special meeting or occasion, we are happy to do so.
Special events require special attention
Arrangements for Baptism, Christening, Funerals, Memorial Services, Celebrations of Life, Weddings, and Vow Renewals are made with our Pastor.
Please click the respective button on the right to find specific considerations for planning each of these services and how to contact our Pastor.
Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis and require the completion of a Facility Use Request Form.
To obtain a paper copy of the Facility Use Request Form and/or related fees and policies, please call the church office.
Active First Congregational Church of Woodstock (FCCW) congregants and/or their Immediate Family Members are encouraged to make use of the church facilities for special family functions or events such as weddings, funerals, birthdays, anniversaries, or awards — at no charge. (Please review the policies and restrictions on this web page)
In lieu of a rental fee, we encourage you to make a gift or request that a free-will offering be taken to help offset costs of heating, electricity, and/or catering services.
There is a $75 refundable security/cleaning deposit in the event the facility use requires cleaning or repairs (see Cleaning Services below). If the facility is left in its original condition, the cleaning deposit will be refunded in one week following the event.
The rental fees and deposit requirements are the same for nonmembers, community groups, and Non-Profits and vary by the specific facility(s) you wish to rent.
All parties must submit a ‘Facility Use Application’ form (click here to complete online). A paper copy can be downloaded here or obtained by contacting the church office.
Facility Use Fees (non-members and non-profits):
- Sanctuary $200 + $100 deposit
- Harrison Hall or Downstairs Hall $100 + $75 deposit
- Harrison Hall or Downstairs Hall with use of kitchen for prep and refrigeration $200 + $100 deposit
- Harrison Hall or Downstairs Hall with full use of kitchen, including oven, stove, dishes and dishwasher $250 + $125 deposit
- Class Rooms $50 + $25 deposit for each room used
- Library $70 + $35 deposit
- Nursery $30 + $15 deposit
All deposits are required to secure the reservation. The remaining balance for the facility usage fees is due prior to the start of the event.
Checks made payable to “FCCW” or The First Congregational Church of Woodstock.
If FCCW incurs additional costs for cleaning or repair (beyond normal wear and tear) as a result of the event, the couple may be billed additional charges.
A cleaning service deposit of $75 is required to secure most events.
It is expected that the Church will be left in good condition, however, if the Church incurs additional costs for cleaning and/or repair (beyond normal wear and tear) as a result of the wedding, the couple will be responsible for the additional costs.
- Furniture will not be moved in any of the rental facilities except as arranged through the FCCW representative assigned to coordinate your event. The renter/facility user is responsible for returning the furniture to its pre-use state.
- All food, beverages, and other refreshments are the responsibility of the renter/facility user.
- Smoking, gambling, alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are strictly prohibited in the building and on the grounds of the Church.
- Arrangement of deliveries of food, flowers, and other items is the renter’s/building user’s responsibility. FCCW staff adn volunteers are not responsible for deliveries. If deliveries are planned for a time when the renter/building user will not be present, the delivery must be expressly agreed to by the FCCW representative assigned to coordinate your event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Sanctuary can seat 200, including the balcony and has been used for concerts, lectures, and of course, weddings, funerals, and worship services.
Harrison Hall is attached to the sanctuary and can accommodate 250 people standing and 70 people seated at tables for a meal.
The Library can seat up to 25 people and can be divided into two rooms with an accordion wall divider. Two 8-foot tables sit in the center of the room, making it ideal for board meetings, and smaller community conversations, meetings and presentations.
The Lower Level Hall can seat 80 for dinner around 8-foot fold up tables. The furniture is flexible, making the hall a great place for indoor activities in the winter and various other j=kinds of events through out the year.
The Lower Level also features a Commercial Kitchen with two gas ovens, and 8 burners on the range top.
We also have 3 small class rooms and a Labyrinth.
Wifi is available. We also have a multi-media projector, screen and cd player available.
Guest Wifi is available throughout the facility.
No! Our facility is available to members and nonmembers for family gatherings and celebrations, to groups, nonprofit organizations, and others.
The rate structure is different depending on whether you are a member or church sponsored group, nonprofit, etc.
Yes. FCCW is open to establishing long-term agreements for use of the facility at special rates.
As the nature of each agreement and usage requirements vary, such agreements are considered on a case by case basis. Please contact the Governing Board member responsible for Facility Use by calling the church office
For-Profit groups and organizations seeking to establish a long-term agreement for facility use, should contact the Governing Board member responsible for Facility Use by calling the church office.