As a community who cares and tries to express love for our neighbors as best we are able, First Congregational Church of Woodstock is helping to organize and mobilize the greater community in support of the Academy’s efforts.
As we are in the early days of this effort, we are currently identifying individuals, congregations and community organizations who are interested in helping support the students while they are in our area. We are currently looking for:
- People who speak Ukrainian or another Slavic language
- People and organizations willing to organize a fund raiser in support of the students’ incidental expenses
- Families who have a spare bedroom where a student might stay when the academy is closed
- Counselors and immigration attorneys who speak Ukrainian
- People willing to provide occasional transportation to appointments
- People who want to help and be supportive