First Congregational Church of Woodstock is a vibrant, inclusive Christian community where we gather to worship God, serve our neighbors, and grow in our faith through our relationships with one another. We believe that God’s love is for everyone—no matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey.
The Coordinator of Children and Family Ministries is a critical member of the ministry of the First Congregational Church of Woodstock (FCCW).
The primary purpose of the coordinator is to foster spiritual learning and relationships among families and children within the congregation and the greater community. The Coordinator is supported by a volunteer Family Ministry Team.
The Coordinator of Children and Family Ministries reports to the Pastor and the position includes the following key activities:
- Communicate the vision and purpose of Children’s Church to the congregation and families.
- Develop a monthly, quarterly, and annual plan for key activities including Intergenerational events and programs in collaboration with the Pastor, Family Ministry Team, and families.
- Recruit and equip volunteers for the ministry and other Children and Family activities and provide a safe, quality environment for children.
- Prepare communications about children’s programs and events to parents, children, staff, relevant community members and volunteers.
- Ensure age appropriate curriculum is accessible and available to teachers.
- Work with the Family Ministry Team and Pastor to ensure that programs are:
- aligned with the vision/mission of FCCW Woodstock
- in compliance with FCCW Safe Conduct Policy
- continuing to express the joyful news of God’s love.
- Enthusiastic about working with children
- Background in leading activities for youth and/or childhood education.
- Well organized
- Skilled in recruiting and motivating volunteers.
- Highly collaborative with exceptional communications skills
This position is part-time, averaging 8 hours per week. Policies regarding sick leave, vacation time, and grievances are those stated in the Employee Handbook. Background check will be required.
Salary Range: $8,000 – $10,000
Send letter of interest, resume or CV to:
Rev. Dr. Kevin Downer P.O. Box 147 Woodstock, CT 06281
or send an email to Rev Dr. Downer.